Returns Policy for YM online (PTY) LTD
We endeavour to make your online shopping as enjoyable as possible. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair or replace it subject to the terms below. This policy applies to products bought from YM Online through our E-comers platform only.
This policy forms part of the YM Online Terms and Conditions and words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this policy unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
1. Unwanted Orders
You can cancel an unwanted order within 24 hours of placing the order free of charge, unless you have already accepted the goods or they are marked as out for delivery.
In general, you can return a product with manufacture defects or products that are listed as returnable to the nearest YM online Distribution Center, provided:
- it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- it is not missing any accessories or parts;
- it is not listed in section 3 - Products not eligible for return; and
- you log a return on the Website within 3 days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product.
- the customer is responsible for returning the product to our nearest DC.
Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will refund your account with the purchase price of the product within 8 working days from the registered return date. We are entitled to refuse a return if the unwanted product is returned damaged, not in a re-salable condition or missing any accessories.
Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you or if the product is not as described on the Website (or if it is missing any accessories), please notify us within 3 days of delivery and we will collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will, at your choice, deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or refund your account with the purchase price of the product within 8 working days from the registered return date.
3. Products not Eligible for Returns
The following products are not eligible for a refund, exchange or credit:
- Electronic vouchers;
- Intimates, lingerie, swimwear, bodysuits or underwear;
- Jewelry for piercings;
- A beauty product or fragrance which has been used;
- Food, beverages or other products intended for everyday consumption; or
- Products which have been personalized for you or made to your specifications, unless defective.
4. Products Damaged on Delivery
Should a product be damaged at the time of delivery / collection, please notify us of such delivery / collection by logging a return on the Website Immediately. Any products with damages that have not been logged after thee business days will not be accepted
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will, at your choice, repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair / replacement is possible) or refund your account with the purchase price of the product within 8 working days of the logged return. Repairs and replacements could take longer, depending on parts / replacement availability.
5. Defective products
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section 5:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product; and
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.
a. Standard Warranty:
This Policy is as per the manufacturers indicated warranty;
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect. Please contact us by email within 6 months after delivery or collection of the product (except in the case of an extended supplier warranty, which is set out below).
You can do so by contacting us, and arranging for the product to be returned to our DC. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will repair or replace the product. Repairs and replacements could take longer, depending on parts / replacement availability.
Please provide suitable packaging for returning the product (it need not be the original packaging), as well as all accessories that were sold with the defective item when you return it to us – regardless of whether you request a repair or replacement. Ym online is entitled to reject a product that is not properly packaged for transport.
Where there is no extended supplier warranty period, unfortunately, we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the 6 months.
b. Extended Supplier Warranty (stipulated on product page):
A product may have a supplier warranty that extends beyond the 6 months. If such a product turns out to be defective more than 6 months after delivery or collection, YM Online is under no obligation to provide you with a credit, repair or replacement for any return logged after six months, as your remedy lies with the supplier or manufacturer.
- Cosmetics means any product that is associated with the beauty and wellness industry.
- In the case of a client wanting to return a cosmetic line the following needs to be prevalent:
- The client must upon delivery inspect the product and inform the delivery person that they are not happy with the product's condition. If they are happy they will sign for the product and the delivery person will take a picture of the product's state on delivery, in the company's delivery application to prove this.
- The company will not accept back any product that has been used or take responsibility for a return if the client does not make it clear on delivery that there is a defect with the product.
- YM online reserves the right to look at each case individually to make an assessment to determine if there is a valid reason for a return of a product by a client.
If items have been cancelled from your order due to an inventory error we’ll notify you via email and issue a refund.
8. Failed Delivery or Expired Collection
If we are unable to deliver your order due to a lack of response to our delivery team, or you don’t collect from a pickup point within 7 days, we will cancel the order and return it to the warehouse.